Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Past, Present, Future
listening to: Cluster'S - Kimi to Iu Na no Hikari
wishes for: the DesCha Kada
mood: awww..


I had this realization last Sunday evening while browsing the net. It actually started when I dropped by This Place to see if it was still up and wondered how I was supposed to access the FTP site again. And then it hit me. It was only a few more days until my DesCha anniversary.

See, five years ago, I met this really hyper freshman. We had a similar taste in, well, everything (we still do). She was a freshman, I was a sophomore, and now, we're the bestest of friends. That very same year, before the year ended, I was introduced to That Which Became My Life. It was today, five years ago, that Rika Shiroi was brought into the world of DesCha. And I'm so glad that happened. (Today, I might add, is also the anniversary of the infamous Six Words. On the 22nd of the month, another 'anniversary' is going to take place: The EB That Went Wrong. For those of you who have no clue what these things are... SUCKS TO BE YOU!)

Today's a really special day. I made a drawing for today, but I won't be able to put it up because of time constraints -- I can't scan it and color it by the end of the day, else I'd skip the whole sleep bit, which is bad for work. So, I'll be doing that this weekend, when I'got more free time.

Um. I lost my trail of thought there for a while.

Today, as I've said, is a special day. Five years ago today, I found the people who I'd love to spend the rest of my life with. I remember the old days, when four of us still had 3way calling. We'd be five or six on the line and we'd be chatting like there's no tomorrow, having a DesCha epi. I remember the very first epi I had-- that was with Creole and Arred, and it was in Senta Stadium. For that episode, I was awarded first (and only) character to have ever received the most number of flowers on the first day of playing. (And if I remember correctly, that was also the episode where Ichidai Takahashi decided to lose his swimming trunks while flirting with Rika) And that was also the night, my friends, that the infamous Six Words were uttered. (Still have no clue? Sucks to be you.)

Y'know, even if Gino's all the way in Australia now, and we're not really playing DesCha much anymore, and that we're almost never together anymore, and that most of us are struggling with work and studying now, and even if DesCha disappears and is forgotten, I still believe that we, DesCha kada, will be together forever. It's not the game that brings us together anymore.
It's us.

A toast, my dear friends, for DesCha, for the DesCha kada, for a friendship that will last for eternity.

I LOVE YOU GUYS



The DesCha Kada:
Gino, Creole, Khan, Kang, Arred, and me

No comments: